Friday 9 December 2011

Orks W.I.P., Of many sorts

I have had alot of free time in the lately but so many projects. I've been flitting from one to the other so I haven't really achieved much but to have a number of base coated models. However I'm planning to knuckle down and finnish them this weekend.

This is agroup of night goblins I'm working on at the moment. I won a prepainted army of them a couple of years ago and now that I have the time I'm painting them up to a high standard to sell the army off on ebay.



Here is a before and after shot of a group of spider riders. Slow progress on this but it has definitely speeded up since I removed their bases.





And this has been what has occupying most of my time lately, an ork nob. I basescoated the skin with knarloc green and then washed it before reapplying whilst avoiding the cracks. Whilst it would be easier to basecoat in Orkhide shade I have much more control with the tone of the model by applying the wash myself. This is especially useful for the face where I can make it warmer or cooler to distinguish it from the rest of the model.




I'm planning to start working on a dwark lord soon as well as finish off my squad of harlequins for my eldar army so it's shaping up to be a busy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment